Archive Policies allow you to specify content that will be moved and potentially exported to offline storage. Email notifications and extension requests can be enabled to inform users that their content has expired and allow them to request extensions. Archived content will be moved into the Archive Location specified during initial configuration, the original folder structure recreated, and the presentation status set to Offline.
To create an Archive Policy:
- Type in a descriptive name in the New Policy Name field
- Click the Add Archive Policy button
- Locate the folder that you want Mediasite Archive to scan for content to be Archived
- Drag the folder to the right into the section labeled Archive These Folders / Content
- Optionally, if you wish to exclude a subfolder from this Archive Policy, drag the folder to the right into the section labeled Exclude Folders / Content from Policy
- Click the Rules tab
- Check the box next to the desired Rule that Mediasite Archive will use to mark the content for expiration and archive
- Click the Settings tab
- Specify the number of days you would like the content to remain in the original location prior to being moved to the Archive Location. This can facilitate a grace period for users to request extensions
- To enable extension request, check the box for Allow extension requests by users and specify the number of times a user can request an extension
- Click the Notifications tab
- To enable email notifications, check the box for Send emails to content owners, and then select the desired recipient class: Folder Owner, Presentation Owner, Primary Presenter.
- You may customize the Warning and Expired email messages, as well as enable reminder email at a specified interval
- Click the Inactive toggle to make the policy Active
Click the Save Button
Was this Information helpful?
Let us know if you found this lesson helpful. That’s the only way we can improve.