Creating a Presentation with MDR
There are many options when it comes to using MDR. The primary recording types include video, screen cast, slides and audio. Each type has a use and purpose.
Video: Recording is captured from a camera attached to the machine. This could be either an integrated webcam on a laptop or an external USB camera. This options is best used to record the presenter demonstrating something.
Screen Cast: A screen cast is like a video of everything that is happening within the capture area of the desktop. The screen is recorded at multiple frames per second similar to a video. This options is best suited for capturing a demonstration on a desktop or a presentation with animations.
Slides: When slides are recorded, MDR will only pick up screen changes at regular intervals, typically every 4 seconds. With this setting animations and full motion of the mouse movement is lost. This is a great option to record Power Points or presentations with images only.
Recording your desktop with MDR involves creating a presentation within My Mediasite and them with MDR choosing the appropriate settings to create your recording. The first part of creating a presentation is done within My Mediasite
- Select Add Media.
- Choose I want to record my desktop now.
- Enter the:
- Save location, either My Drafts, a shared folder or user Channel.
- Click Create and Launch
This will create the presentation and launch the desktop recorder. The title of the presentation will pull from My Mediasite.
- Select the type of recording you would like to do.
- Choose your camera size and input if video is being recorded.
- Select the microphone input and click Next.
- Selec the area you would like to record. A red box will outline the recording area. Click the green check.
- Confirm your settings and click Record.
MDR will record everything that occurs within the recording area. To end your recording there are two options
- Press the pause icon located in the system tray or press Ctrl+F8 on the keyboard.
- Select Finish Recording.
- The recording will automatically upload to My Mediasite.
- If the auto upload setting was turned off, click Upload in the Status column.