Mediasite and Blackboard for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Blackboard LMS course.
Mediasite and Blackboard for Faculty, Instructors, and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Blackboard make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Blackboard LMS.
- Access My Mediasite from within Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Video to Mediasite
- Add a Mediasite Channel to Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Mediasite Video to your Blackboard Ultra Course
- Upload a Video to Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Blackboard Ultra
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Blackboard Ultra
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Blackboard Ultra
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Blackboard Ultra
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Blackboard Ultra
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Blackboard Ultra
- Using In Video Quizzes within Blackboard Ultra
Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Blackboard Ultra
Mediasite allows you to add Captions to your video Presentations to meet accessibility needs as well as improve search results. Captions can be added to a Video in two ways:
- Manually – This method allows you to create your own captions using a 3rd party tool.
- 3rd Party Captioning Provider – Your Mediasite Administrator has the ability to integrate Mediasite with 3rd party Captioning Providers that allow you to have captions created for you. Turn-around times and pricing will vary by provider.
Creating Captions for Your Mediasite Presentation
To enable Captions:
- Launch My Mediasite from within Blackboard Ultra.
- Open the desired presentation.
- Click Edit Details.
- Select the Delivery tab.
- Enable Audio Transcriptions
- Manually Upload an Audio Caption File
- Choose a Provider for Captioning
- Click Save.
Depending on the option selected and the caption provider chosen, the Captions will eventually become visible within the Presentation.
Editing Captions for Your Mediasite Presentation
Editing the caption file can be done to create captions or make improvements to the caption file delivered by a provider.
- Launch My Mediasite from within Blackboard
- Browse to your Presentation
- Click: Edit Captions