Mediasite and Blackboard for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Blackboard LMS course.
Mediasite and Blackboard for Faculty, Instructors, and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Blackboard make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Blackboard LMS.
- Access My Mediasite from within Blackboard
- Add a Video to Mediasite
- Add a Mediasite Video to your Blackboard Course
- Upload a Video to Blackboard
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Blackboard
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Blackboard
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Blackboard
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Blackboard
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Blackboard
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Blackboard
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Blackboard
- Using In Video Quizzes within Blackboard
Search for a Video within Blackboard
Mediasite allows students to search not only for videos but also within videos for specific content and keyword. Using the search, it is possible to find a video or part of a video based on title, description, closed captions, or slides.
Search for a Video in a Collection
Searching for a video can be done within the collection in Blackboard.
- Open the course in Blackboard
- Select the Mediasite Collection from the course menu
- Enter the search term or keyword
- Select a video or time-stamp to begin playback
Search Within a Video
In many cases you may want to find a specific topic or part of a video or lecture. Within a Mediasite video, it’s possible to search for a keyword that may have been used on the slides or audio captions of the presentation.
Searching within a video will only work if search has been turned on by an administrator, and captions or optical character recognition (OCR) has been enabled. When a video is playing the search icon will appear on the playback tool bar.
- Click the Search icon
- Enter a keyword
- Click search
- Select a result to navigate to that moment in the video