Mediasite allows students to search not only for videos but also within videos for specific content. Using search, it is possible to find a video or part of a video based on the title, description, closed captions, or slides
Search for a Video within Moodle
Searching for a video is done within the Mediasite channel in Moodle.
- Open the Moodle course
- Select Mediasite Videos to open the course channel
- Enter your search term
- Select a video or time stamp to begin playback
Search Within a Video
In many cases you may want to find a specific topic or part of a video or lecture. Within a Mediasite video, it’s possible to search for a keyword that may have been used on the slides or audio captions of the presentation.
Searching within a video will only work if search has been turned on by an administrator, and captions or optical character recognition (OCR) has been enabled. When a video is playing the search icon will appear on the playback tool bar.
- Start playing a video
- Click on the Search icon
- Enter the keyword you would like to search for
- Mediasite will display the results of the search
- Click on any of the results to skip to that part of the video