Mediasite and Moodle for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Moodle LMS course.
Mediasite and Moodle for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Moodle make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Moodle LMS.
- Upload a Video to Moodle
- Add an Existing Video to your Moodle Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Moodle
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Moodle
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Moodle
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Moodle
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Moodle
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Moodle
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Moodle
- Using In-Video Quizzes within Moodle
- Creating a Video Assignment in Moodle
- Grading a Video Assignment in Moodle
Search for a Video within Moodle
Mediasite allows students to search not only for videos but also within videos for specific content. Using search, it is possible to find a video or part of a video based on the title, description, closed captions, or slides
Search for a Mediasite Video in Moodle
Searching for a video is done within the Mediasite channel in Moodle.
- Open the Moodle course
- Select Mediasite Videos to open the course channel
- Enter your search term
- Select a video or time stamp to begin playback
Search Within a Video
In many cases you may want to find a specific topic or part of a video or lecture. Within a Mediasite video, it’s possible to search for a keyword that may have been used on the slides or audio captions of the presentation.
Searching within a video will only work if search has been turned on by an administrator, and captions or optical character recognition (OCR) has been enabled. When a video is playing the search icon will appear on the playback tool bar.
- Start playing a video
- Click on the Search icon
- Enter the keyword you would like to search for
- Mediasite will display the results of the search
- Click on any of the results to skip to that part of the video