Mediasite and Sakai for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos within your Sakai LMS Site.
Mediasite and Sakai for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors and professors, Mediasite’s integration with Sakai makes it easy to create, manage and watch your site videos all from within the Sakai LMS.
- Add a Video to Mediasite
- Add a Video to your Sakai Site
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Sakai
- Upload a Video from your Phone to Sakai
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Sakai
- Edit your Mediasite Video from Sakai
- Add Captions to your Video
- Enable Commenting for Mediasite Videos within Sakai
- Create a Quiz for your Mediasite video in Sakai
Add a Mediasite Screencast to Sakai
If you want to quickly record a video from your Mac or PC within Sakai, it’s easy with the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR). MDR allows you to capture a variety of sources from your own Mac or PC:
- Audio and Screen
- Audio and Webcam
- Audio, Webcam and Screen
To record your screen for a site directly within Sakai, follow these steps:
1. Browse to a Sakai site
2. Click: My Mediasite from within your site
3. Click: Add Media
4. Choose I want to record my desktop now
5. Enter a presentation name and click Create and Launch
6. MDR will open and you will be able to begin recording your desktop, webcam and audio.
For more information on using the Mediasite Desktop Recorder, check out these Lessons: