Mediasite and Sakai for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos within your Sakai LMS Site.
Mediasite and Sakai for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors and professors, Mediasite’s integration with Sakai makes it easy to create, manage and watch your site videos all from within the Sakai LMS.
- Add a Video to Mediasite
- Add a Video to your Sakai Site
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Sakai
- Upload a Video from your Phone to Sakai
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Sakai
- Edit your Mediasite Video from Sakai
- Add Captions to your Video
- Enable Commenting for Mediasite Videos within Sakai
- Create a Quiz for your Mediasite video in Sakai
Add a Video to Mediasite
Before adding a video to a Site, the video should be available in My Mediasite. Mediasite supports the upload of multiple file types including MP4, FLV and AVI. Most videos that are recorded with a phone or created within a 3rd party tool like Adobe Premiere, Apple iMovie, or any other video editing software should be able to be uploaded to Mediasite.
Adding a video to My Mediasite will have you starting on the Site within Sakai:
- Select My Mediasite from the left-hand navigation.
- Click Add Presentation.
- Choose Upload New Video.
- Select the file you would like to upload and click Open.
- Enter the name and optional description.
- Click Create Presentation.