Mediasite and Sakai for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos within your Sakai LMS Site.
Mediasite and Sakai for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors and professors, Mediasite’s integration with Sakai makes it easy to create, manage and watch your site videos all from within the Sakai LMS.
- Add a Video to Mediasite
- Add a Video to your Sakai Site
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Sakai
- Upload a Video from your Phone to Sakai
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Sakai
- Edit your Mediasite Video from Sakai
- Add Captions to your Video
- Enable Commenting for Mediasite Videos within Sakai
- Create a Quiz for your Mediasite video in Sakai
Search for a Video within Sakai
Mediasite allows students to search not only for videos but also within videos for specific content. Using the search, it is possible to find a video or part of a video based on title, description, closed captions, or slide content.
Search for a video
- Open the Sakai site
- Select Mediasite Videos to open the course channel
- Enter your search term in the upper right search field
- Select a video or time stamp to begin playback.
Search Within a video
In many cases you may want to find a specific topic or part of a video or lecture. Within a Mediasite video, it’s possible to search for a keyword that may have been used on the slides or audio captions of the presentation.
Searching within a video will only work if search has been enabled by an administrator. In addition, captions or optical character recognition (OCR) must be enabled for content to search. When a video is playing the search icon will appear on the playback tool bar.
- Click the Search icon
- Enter a keyword
- Click search
- Select a result to navigate to that moment in the video.