Mediasite and Sakai for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos within your Sakai LMS Site.
Mediasite and Sakai for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors and professors, Mediasite’s integration with Sakai makes it easy to create, manage and watch your site videos all from within the Sakai LMS.
- Add a Video to Mediasite
- Add a Video to your Sakai Site
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Sakai
- Upload a Video from your Phone to Sakai
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Sakai
- Edit your Mediasite Video from Sakai
- Add Captions to your Video
- Enable Commenting for Mediasite Videos within Sakai
- Create a Quiz for your Mediasite video in Sakai
Upload a Video from your Phone to Sakai
Using your iPhone, iPad or Android device is a great way to capture high-quality video. Once you’ve recorded a video, uploading it to Mediasite and publishing it to your Sakai site is easy. Also, once it’s been uploaded to Mediasite, you will be able to secure the video and capture viewer statistics just like any other Mediasite Video Presentation.
1. Browse to a Sakai site on your mobile device
2. Select the Tools menu and choose My Mediasite
3. Click: Add Media
4. Click: I want to upload a file from my device
5. Press: Photo Library (on iOS) to select a previously recorded video
6. Enter a Title, Description and optionally choose an existing Channel
7. Click: Create Presentation
8. Wait for the video to upload and be processed. We recommend being connected to WiFi while uploading.
10. Once your Presentation is ready for sharing, don’t forget to make it Viewable. From My Mediasite, click: Edit Details, then set the Visibility to: Viewable