Mediasite and Canvas for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded into your Canvas LMS.
Mediasite and Canvas for Faculty, Instructors and Professors Discover how to create and manage Mediasite videos within your Canvas LMS.
- Enable Mediasite for Your Canvas Course
- Upload a Video to Canvas
- Add an Existing Video to Your Canvas Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Canvas
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Canvas
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Canvas
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Canvas
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation
- Use and Enable Comments for Mediasite Presentations within Canvas
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Canvas
- Using In Video Quizzes within Canvas
- Create a Video Assignment in Canvas
- Grade a Video Assignment in Canvas
Search Inside Video Content within Canvas
Mediasite allows students to search for videos in a variety of ways. This allows you to find a particular video based on Title, Description, Closed Captions or Slides.
Search for a Mediasite Video Presentation
To search for a specific topic within a Channel of Mediasite Videos:
- Browse to Canvas Course
- Click Video Collection link
- Search for a specific term or keyword
- The search results will be displayed
- Play a video
Search Within a Mediasite Video Presentation
Many times, you want to find a specific topic within a video. Within Mediasite, it’s possible to search within a specific video for a keyword that may have been used within the slides or audio of the Presentation.
To search within the Captions and OCR a Mediasite Video Presentation:
- Start playing an embedded Video Presentation
- Click on the Search icon
- Enter the keyword you would like to search for
- Mediasite will display the results of the search
- Click on any of the results to skip to that part of the Video Presentation