Create a Stream Group
Once the Encoding profiles are created, the next step to controlling the quality of your video is to create Stream Groups. Since Stream groups are the grouping of different encoding profiles it may be likely to have stream groups for single video, Dual video, and Video plus slides among others.
The most difficult part of creating stream groups may be determining what stream groups need to be created. Once that has been determined, it is just a matter of adding a new group and choosing the encoding profiles to apply to each stream.
Since stream groups define the number of content streams and the type of media for each stream you might have a need for more stream groups than you would initially think. Regardless of how many stream groups you may need creating them always follow the same steps. Starting in the Management portal:
- Navigate to Recording > Stream Groups.
- Click Add New.
- Give you stream group a descriptive name that indicates each stream type. (i.e Camera (16:9 Video), Content (16:9 Video))
- Click Add Stream.
- Select the Input (Video1, 2, 3 or Slide) then click Add Stream.
- Click MP4 or Smooth Streaming then Add Media Type.
- Select the desired encoding profile for the media type.
- Click Audio and select an Audio encoding profile.
- Repeat steps 4-7 to add additional streams.
- Set Video 2, the content stream as primary by clicking and dragging it to the left-hand position.
- Once all streams have been added, click Save.