Mediasite and Moodle for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Moodle LMS course.
Mediasite and Moodle for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Moodle make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Moodle LMS.
- Add a Video to Mediasite
- Add a Video to your Moodle Course
- Upload a Mediasite Video to Moodle
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Moodle
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Moodle
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Moodle
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Moodle
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Moodle
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Moodle
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Moodle
- Creating a Video Assignment in Moodle
- Grading a Video Assignment in Moodle
Creating a Video Assignment in Moodle
An advantage of integrating Mediasite with the Moodle LMS is the ability to bring the built in engagement of the LMS and Mediasite together. The prime example of this is the video based assignment. As an instructor you can create an assignment that will require a video to complete. Students will then need to create and upload a video through Mediasite to complete the assignment. Completing a video assignment can be broken into three processes.
- Create the video assignment
- Submit a video
- Grade the video assignment
In this process, the instructor is responsible for the first and third step while the student is responsible for the second. This lesson will focus on creating a video assignment while the next lesson consists of grading video submissions. The lesson for submitting a video assignment can be found in the section of this course dedicated to students.
Creating an assignment where your students will submit a Mediasite video is a few simple changes to the process you already know for creating an assignment. You will begin on the course page with editing turned on.
- Select Add an activity or resource
- Choose assignment and click the Add button
- Complete the assignment information as you normally would
- Under Submission types, select Online text and uncheck File submission
- Under Submission settings, select Yes for Require students to click the submit button
- Click Save and return to course
Once the assignment has been created it will be available to students within the date range of availability chosen.