Mediasite and Moodle for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Moodle LMS course.
Mediasite and Moodle for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Moodle make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Moodle LMS.
- Upload a Video to Moodle
- Add an Existing Video to your Moodle Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Moodle
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Moodle
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Moodle
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Moodle
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Moodle
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Moodle
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Moodle
- Using In-Video Quizzes within Moodle
- Creating a Video Assignment in Moodle
- Grading a Video Assignment in Moodle
Submitting a Video Assignment
In addition to viewing Mediasite videos in the Moodle course, an instructor can create video based assignments. These video assignments require you to submit a video through the LMS that will be graded by your instructor. The are two possibilities when submitting a video, either add an existing video or add a new video.
Add New Video
The first method to submit a Mediasite video to complete an assignment is to upload a new video. This is completed by accessing My Mediasite within the Moodle course assignment.
- Open the assignment and click Add Submission
- Click the Mediasite icon in the text editor toolbar
- Review the Mediasite notification and click Continue
- Choose Add New
- Select Upload a file from my computer
- Open the file
- Give your video a title and description then click Create Presentation
- Click the Add Presentation to Assignment
- Click Save Changes
- Review the submission then click Submit assignment
- Read the assignment notification then click Continue
Select Existing Video
Daily use of video during your course may lead you to have the video for your assignment already available in My Mediasite. If this is the case you can choose to submit an existing video for your assignment.
1. Open the assignment and click Add Submission
2. Click the Mediasite icon in the text editor toolbar
3. Review the Mediasite notification and click Continue
4. Click Select Existing to open My Mediasite
5. Open the video you would like to use for your assignment
6. Click the Add Presentation to Assignment
7. Click Save Changes
8. Review the submission then click Submit assignment
9. Read the assignment notification then click Continue