Each deployment of Mediasite is different and collections of content managed and set up by an admin may populate in a variety or ways but one of the most common is through the use of a shared folder. Shared folders allow multiple users to access, edit and share content, given they have the permission to do so. When a share folder is set up by the system admin it can serve as the link between My Mediasite and a Channel, Catalog or Showcase. This allows the content creator or instructor to move presentations to a shared folder in My Mediasite to populate the collection. In addition, recordings that are automatically published to a sherd folder will populate to the collection as well.
Shared folders are used to populate and organize content within Showcase, Channels, and Catalogs. These collections are managed by a Mediasite Administrator however, you may have the permission to move presentations to a Shared folder.
- Select the video presentation you would like to move to the shared folder.
- Select Move To.
- Select the radio button Place this Presentation in a Shared folder.
- Choose an option for how the permissions should be handled.
- Keep permissions from source presentation will keep the current permissions.
- Inherit permissions from parent folder will adjust the security permissions to match the user channel.
- Select the Shared folder you would like to move the presentation to and click Move Presentation.
Was this Information helpful?
Let us know if you found this lesson helpful. That’s the only way we can improve.