Mediasite and Canvas for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded into your Canvas LMS.
Mediasite and Canvas for Faculty, Instructors and Professors Discover how to create and manage Mediasite videos within your Canvas LMS.
- Enable Mediasite for Your Canvas Course
- Upload a Video to Canvas
- Add an Existing Video to Your Canvas Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Canvas
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Canvas
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Canvas
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Canvas
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation
- Use and Enable Comments for Mediasite Presentations within Canvas
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Canvas
- Using In Video Quizzes within Canvas
- Create a Video Assignment in Canvas
- Grade a Video Assignment in Canvas
Add an Existing Video to Your Canvas Course
Previously created Mediasite Video Presentations can be added to your Canvas course in 2 ways. You can:
- Add the Presentation to a Mediasite Collection
- Embed the Video within a Canvas Course Page
1. Add a Video Presentation to a Mediasite Collection
Collections are a quick and easy way to share Video Presentations with your students. Simply associate an existing Video Presentation with the Canvas Course and it will show up on a single page with any other Mediasite Video Presentations that have been associated with the Canvas Course.
In order to associate a Mediasite Video Presentation to a Canvas Course Module, you will need to:
- Browse to Course Page
- Click: Mediasite Collections link in the Navigation (e.g. Mediasite Videos), this will create the Course Collection and associated Modules within Mediasite. Please note, this only needs to be done one time.
- Click: My Mediasite
- Find your desired Presentation
- Click on the Title of the Presentation
- Click: Edit Details
- Associate the desired Canvas Course Module to the Presentation
- Click: Save
2. Embed the Video within a Canvas Course Page
If you want, you can also embed your Mediasite Video Presentations within a specific part of a Canvas Course Page. This makes it easy for your students to reference a video within the context of the Course.
To embed your Mediasite Video Presentation within the Canvas Course Page:
- Browse to Course Page
- Click: Edit
- Place the cursor where you want to embed your Presentation
- Click: Mediasite icon
- Click: Presentation
- Search for your Video Presentation
- Click: Embed > Presentation
- Click: Save, to save the changes to the Canvas Course Page.