Mediasite and Canvas for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded into your Canvas LMS.
Mediasite and Canvas for Faculty, Instructors and Professors Discover how to create and manage Mediasite videos within your Canvas LMS.
- Enable Mediasite for Your Canvas Course
- Upload a Video to Canvas
- Add an Existing Video to Your Canvas Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Canvas
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Canvas
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Canvas
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Canvas
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation
- Use and Enable Comments for Mediasite Presentations within Canvas
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Canvas
- Using In Video Quizzes within Canvas
- Create a Video Assignment in Canvas
- Grade a Video Assignment in Canvas
Create a Video Assignment in Canvas
An advantage of integrating Mediasite with the Canvas LMS is the ability to bring the built-in engagement of the LMS and Mediasite together. The prime example of this is the video assignment. As an instructor you can create an assignment that will require a video to complete. Students will then need to create and upload a video through Mediasite to complete the assignment.
The process for video assignments can be broken into three processes.
- Create video assignment
- Submit video assignment
- Grade video assignment
In this process, the instructor is responsible for the first and third step while the student is responsible for the second.
Creating an assignment where your students will submit a Mediasite video is a few simple changes to the process you already know for creating an assignment. You will begin on the course page:
- Select Assignments then + Assignment.
- Complete the assignment information as you normally would, including the assignment title, description and points.
- In the Submission type field select Online from the dropdown and enable Website URL.
- Save and Publish the assignment to make it available to students.