Mediasite and Canvas for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded into your Canvas LMS.
Mediasite and Canvas for Faculty, Instructors and Professors Discover how to create and manage Mediasite videos within your Canvas LMS.
- Enable Mediasite for Your Canvas Course
- Upload a Video to Canvas
- Add an Existing Video to Your Canvas Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Canvas
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Canvas
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Canvas
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Canvas
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation
- Use and Enable Comments for Mediasite Presentations within Canvas
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Canvas
- Using In Video Quizzes within Canvas
- Create a Video Assignment in Canvas
- Grade a Video Assignment in Canvas
Enable Mediasite for Your Canvas Course
Before you can use Mediasite within your Canvas course, it must be enabled. Your Canvas Administrator can enable this for your Course by default. Or, you may need to manually enable Mediasite for you Course.
How Do I know if Mediasite is Enabled?
If you see links for My Mediasite and Mediasite Videos (or a similarly named menu item) in your Canvas Course navigation, then Mediasite is enabled. If you do not see these items, you will need to manually enable Mediasite for your Course.
Manually Enabling Mediasite For Your Canvas Course
If your Canvas Administrator did not enable Mediasite, you must do so manually.
To enable Mediasite for your Canvas Course:
- Browse to your Canvas Course
- Click: Settings
- Click: Navigation
- Scroll to the section titled: Drag items here to hide them from students
- Drag: My Mediasite from the bottom section to the top section to enable.
- Drag: Mediasite Catalog or Mediasite Videos from the bottom section to the top section to enable.