Mediasite and Canvas for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded into your Canvas LMS.
Mediasite and Canvas for Faculty, Instructors and Professors Discover how to create and manage Mediasite videos within your Canvas LMS.
- Enable Mediasite for Your Canvas Course
- Upload a Video to Canvas
- Add an Existing Video to Your Canvas Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Canvas
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Canvas
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Canvas
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Canvas
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation
- Use and Enable Comments for Mediasite Presentations within Canvas
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Canvas
- Using In Video Quizzes within Canvas
- Create a Video Assignment in Canvas
- Grade a Video Assignment in Canvas
Using In Video Quizzes within Canvas
Using quizzes within a video is a great way to test your student’s knowledge and understanding of the content presented in a video. With Mediasite it’s easy to pull the in-video quiz results back to Canvas. All that’s needed is a video with a published quiz and the ability to create an assignment for your course.
Post the video as an Assignment
In order have the quiz results from a video post back to the LMS the first step is to create an assignment and post the video to it. Videos with a quiz should be posted to the assignment in order to create a slot within the LMS gradebook.
From within your Canvas course page, you’ll need to:
- Choose Assignments from the left-hand navigation, then click the +Assignment.
- Enter the required details including an assignment name and number of points.
- Within the Submission Type choose External Tool and click Find.
- Choose Mediasite Assignments from the list of options.
- Click Presentation.
- From the list of presentations, locate the presentation you would like to add to the assignment and select Add to (course title). Then choose how the presentation should be shown in the assignment.
- Click Select to add the video to the assignment and close out of the External Tools window.
- Click Save and Publish to create the assignment with in-video quiz.
Publish Quiz Results to the LMS Gradebook
Creating the in-video quiz assignment is only half the process. Once the assignment with in-video quiz has been completed by students, the next step is to get the results posted to the gradebook. This is all done from the quiz results page within My Mediasite.
Once the quiz has been completed by students, the results can be posted to the LMS through My Mediasite. Starting from the Canvas course page:
- Open My Mediasite from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select the video that was posted within the assignment.
- Click View Analytics then select the Quiz.
- Select desired or all results to post to the gradebook.
- Click Post Score to Gradebook.
- Within the LMS, confirm scores were posted.