Mediasite and Blackboard for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Blackboard LMS course.
Mediasite and Blackboard for Faculty, Instructors, and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Blackboard make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Blackboard LMS.
- Access My Mediasite from within Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Video to Mediasite
- Add a Mediasite Channel to Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Mediasite Video to your Blackboard Ultra Course
- Upload a Video to Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Blackboard Ultra
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Blackboard Ultra
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Blackboard Ultra
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Blackboard Ultra
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Blackboard Ultra
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Blackboard Ultra
- Using In Video Quizzes within Blackboard Ultra
Add a Mediasite Screencast to Blackboard Ultra
If you want to quickly record a Video from your Mac or PC from within Blackboard, it’s easy with the Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR). MDR allows you to capture a variety of sources from your own Mac or PC:
- Audio and Screen
- Audio and Webcam
- Audio, Webcam, and Screen
Starting Mediasite Desktop Recorder
If you want to record your screen for a course directly within Blackboard, follow these steps:
1. Browse to a Blackboard Ultra course.
2. Select View course & institution tools and choose My Mediasite.
3. Click Add Presentation.
4. Choose Capture Video.
- Note you must have either Mediasite Mosaic or Mediasite Desktop Recorder.
5. Enter a Presentation Name and click Create and Launch.
6. Mediasite Desktop Recorder (MDR) or Mediasite Mosaic will open and you will be able to begin recording your desktop, webcam and audio.
For more information on using the Mediasite Desktop Recorder, check out these Lessons: