Mediasite and Blackboard for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Blackboard LMS course.
Mediasite and Blackboard for Faculty, Instructors, and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Blackboard make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Blackboard LMS.
- Access My Mediasite from within Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Video to Mediasite
- Add a Mediasite Channel to Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Mediasite Video to your Blackboard Ultra Course
- Upload a Video to Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Blackboard Ultra
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Blackboard Ultra
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Blackboard Ultra
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Blackboard Ultra
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Blackboard Ultra
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Blackboard Ultra
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Blackboard Ultra
- Using In Video Quizzes within Blackboard Ultra
Using In Video Quizzes within Blackboard Ultra
Using quizzes within a video is a great way to test your student’s knowledge and understanding of the content presented in a video. With Mediasite it’s easy to pull the in-video quiz results back to Blackboard Ultra. All that’s needed is a video that has a quiz and the ability to post content to your course.
Post the video to Blackboard Ultra
In order to have the quiz results from a video post back to the LMS the first step is to publish the quiz to the video. This is done withing my Mediasite. Details on publishing a quiz to a Mediasite video can be found in the lesson Quizzing.
Once the quiz has been published, the video can be posted to Blackboard Ultra as its own content item in the course. To post the video, follow the steps for posing a video to Add a Video to your Blackboard Ultra Course.
Publish Results to Gradebook
Adding the in-video quiz is only half the process. Once the quiz has been completed by students, the next step is to get the results posted to the gradebook. This is all done from the quiz results page within My Mediasite.
Starting from the Blackboard Ultra Course page:
1. Open the course and institution tools and click My Mediasite from the available tools.
2. Select the video that was posted with in-video quizzing.
3. Navigate to the video analytics using the View Analytics link.
4. Select the Quiz tab.
5. Select the desired or all results to post to the gradebook.
6. Click Post Score to Gradebook.
7. Within the LMS, confirm scores were posted.