Mediasite and Open LMS for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Open LMS course.
Mediasite and Open LMS for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Open LMS make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Open LMS.
- Upload a Video to Open LMS
- Add an Existing Video to your Open LMS Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Open LMS
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Open LMS
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Open LMS
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Open LMS
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Open LMS
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Open LMS
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Open LMS
- Using In-Video Quizzes within Open LMS
- Creating a Video Assignment in Open LMS
- Grading a Video Assignment in Open LMS
Search for a Video within Open LMS
Mediasite allows students to search not only for videos but also within videos for specific content. Using search, it is possible to find a video or part of a video based on the title, description, closed captions, or slides
Search for a Mediasite Video in Open LMS
Searching for a video is done within the Mediasite Channel in Open LMS.
- Open the Open LMS course and navigate to the Course dashboard
- Select Mediasite Videos to open the course channel
- Enter your search term
- Select a video or time stamp to begin playback
Search Within a Video
In many cases you may want to find a specific topic or part of a video or lecture. Within a Mediasite video, it’s possible to search for a keyword that may have been used on the slides or audio captions of the presentation.
Searching within a video will only work if search has been turned on by an administrator, and captions or optical character recognition (OCR) has been enabled. When a video is playing the search icon will appear on the playback tool bar.
- Start playing a video
- Click on the Search icon
- Enter the keyword you would like to search for
- Mediasite will display the results of the search
- Click on any of the results to skip to that part of the video