Mediasite and Open LMS for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Open LMS course.
Mediasite and Open LMS for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Open LMS make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Open LMS.
- Upload a Video to Open LMS
- Add an Existing Video to your Open LMS Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Open LMS
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Open LMS
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Open LMS
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Open LMS
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Open LMS
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Open LMS
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Open LMS
- Using In-Video Quizzes within Open LMS
- Creating a Video Assignment in Open LMS
- Grading a Video Assignment in Open LMS
Using In-Video Quizzes within Open LMS
Using quizzes within a video is a great way to test your student’s knowledge and understanding of the content presented in a video. With Mediasite it’s easy to pull the in-video quiz results back to Open LMS. All that’s needed is a video that has a quiz and the ability to post content within your course.
Post the video in Open LMS
In order have the quiz results from a video post back to the LMS there are a couple of things that need to take place. First of all, the quiz needs to be published to the video before it gets posted to your course. Secondly, the video needs to be posted to Open LMS using a Deep Linking tool, contact your LMS administrator to find out if this is enabled. Once you have confirmed both have been taken care of you can post the video to your course.
Once a quiz has been published to a video, you’ll need to post it within the LMS.
- Locate the section within a course and select Create Learning Activity.
- Select Mediasite Quiz from the list of activities.
- Enter a Title for the activity.
- Click Select content then Presentation.
- Locate the presentation from the list and click Add to (course name) then choose from one of the options.
- In the Grade section of the activity, set the Point total.
- Click Save and return to course.
Publish Results to Gradebook
Posting the in-video quiz is only half the process. Once the activity with in-video quiz has been completed by students, the next step is to get the results posted to the gradebook. This is all done from the quiz results page within My Mediasite.
Starting from the Open LMS course page:
- Open My Mediasite from the left-hand navigation menu.
- Select the video that was posted within the assignment.
- Click View Analytics then select the Quiz
- Select individualor all results to post to the gradebook.
- Click Post Score to Gradebook.
- Within the LMS, confirm scores were posted.