Mediasite and Open LMS for Students Discover how to search, play and interact with Mediasite videos embedded in your Open LMS course.
Mediasite and Open LMS for Faculty, Instructors and Professors For faculty, instructors, and professors, Mediasite's integration with Open LMS make it easy to create, manage, and watch your course videos all from within the Open LMS.
- Upload a Video to Open LMS
- Add an Existing Video to your Open LMS Course
- Add a Mediasite Screencast to Open LMS
- Upload a Video from Your Phone to Open LMS
- Add a Recorded Lecture to Open LMS
- Edit Your Mediasite Video from Open LMS
- Adding Captions to Your Video Presentation Open LMS
- Use and Enable Comments For Mediasite Videos within Open LMS
- Creating a Quiz for Your Mediasite Video from within Open LMS
- Using In-Video Quizzes within Open LMS
- Creating a Video Assignment in Open LMS
- Grading a Video Assignment in Open LMS
Creating a Video Assignment in Open LMS
An advantage of integrating Mediasite with the Open LMS is the ability to bring the built in engagement of the LMS and Mediasite together. The prime example of this is the video based assignment. As an instructor you can create an assignment that will require a video to complete. Students will then need to create and upload a video through Mediasite to complete the assignment. Completing a video assignment can be broken into three processes.
- Create the video assignment
- Submit a video
- Grade the video assignment
In this process, the instructor is responsible for the first and third step while the student is responsible for the second. This lesson will focus on creating a video assignment while the next lesson consists of grading video submissions. The lesson for submitting a video assignment can be found in the section of this course dedicated to students.
Creating an assignment where your students will submit a Mediasite video is a few simple changes to the process you already know for creating an assignment. You will begin on the course page with editing turned on.
- Locate the section within a course and select Create Learning Activity.
- Choose Assignment from the list of activities
- Complete the assignment information as you normally would
- Under Submission types, select Online text and uncheck File submission
- Under Submission settings, select Yes for Require students to click the submit button
- Click Save and return to course
Once the assignment has been created it will be available to students within the date range of availability chosen.