Setting Up Your Recorder
Configure and Licence
Your RL220 recorder is a lightweight rack mountable recorder. It offers a perfect solution to recording dual streams, either dual video or video and slides. with teh simplified design of the RL220, connecting your input devices should take the guesswork out of what to connect where.
The below diagram is labeled to help you identify how to connect devices to your recorder. The most commonly used ports are listed in bold.
- Power cable – The power cable supplied with the recorder plugs in to a standard wall outlet.
- USB ports – The USB ports can be used for a keyboard or mouse if you choose to connect them to your recorder.
- Display ports – This port is an output that can be used to connect a monitor to the recorder.
- Network – Used for connecting the recorder to the Mediasite server for publishing content.
- USB ports – The USB ports can be used to connect additional devices like a camera or microphone.
- 3.5mm Audio line out – Connect headphones or speakers so you can monitor audio directly from the recorder.
- 3.5mm Audio line in – While this can be used to connect a microphone it is not recommended. This port is rarely used.
- HDMI – All video and content is handled through HDMI. Optionally, have audio source captured through HDMI.
- XLR/RCA Breakout cable input – Audio inputs are connected to the breakout cable which is plugged in to the recorder here.
- VGA display port – A monitor can be connected directly to the recorder using the VGA display port output.